Monday 4 March 2013

What Was Going Through the Photographer's Mind?

Heavenly Morning by Kevin Pepper

I took this photo when I was down for the sunrise on Lake Ontario. The broken down docks at Fifty Point conservation area are a favourite subject of mine and this was my 4th trip down there this year.

I set up the camera on a tripod and got down real low to the ground to give the image a unique perspective. I attached a cable release so I could manually activate the shutter exactly when I wanted and have more control over the exposure time.

What composition rules did I use? Intersecting horizontal and vertical lines... leading lines, use of light to attract the eye (sun rays and sun reflection on the water behind the pier to draw your eye into the photo)

Camera Settings: F/16.0, 2 seconds, ISO400, camera on manual, high saturation to make the colours pop like the green in the leaves on the pier, high contrast to pull out the sun rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment