Monday 11 February 2013

How did the Professional Photographer Take that Image? ~ today's photographer is Danny Bailey

Today's photographer is another local photographer near me, Danny Bailey. Danny has been taking photos for over 30 years and travelled to more countries than anyone I know. But Danny is not only a talented photographer, but an extremely well spoken educator of the art of photography and videography and an accomplished videographer. Some of you may have seen the TV show "photo X plorer" or watch Motoring television... well Danny is the man behind the camera for those television programs..

And if you are ever talking to him, ask him about his time with the Rolling Stones...

Take it away Danny...

With the recent snowfall in Ontario I couldn't wait but to get up at the crack of dawn to go exploring and shooting.  Not normally a landscape photographer I thought my motive would be subtle HDR.  The trick here was to shoot as fast a shutter speed as possible since my subject was moving.


And since my aim was to shoot HDR I wanted to have a large enough aperture setting to add to my depth of field.  Luckily everything came together in a matter of seconds.  By already being prepared for the shot I simply composed where I thought the patron would walk and captured the images in continuous shooting mode.

Photomatix was used for processing along with Photoshop Elements 10.

Camera - Canon T2i
Focal Length     -  18 mm
Aperature -  F10
Shutter Speed - 1/200 "
Manfrotto Tripod
Shutter Released by cable


Thanks Danny! You can catch more of Danny's work at http://www.dannybailey.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment